Seven Incredible Benefits of Pediatric Chiropractic Care
If you think your child is a tiny replica of yourself and believe you can benefit from chiropractic care is no reason for you to think differently about children. Children with sleeping challenges or extreme fussiness receive recommendations from pediatricians for chiropractic care.
Chiropractors treat babies as young as a few weeks or toddlers for problems related to sleep, colic, or tummy. The care chiropractors provide is gentle, unlike treatments performed on adults, and the techniques used are also different for infants.
Chiropractic care benefits your child in many ways because they receive attention from a licensed professional with training to perform gentle manipulations and adjustments to help the body to perform functions efficiently.
When treating infants, chiropractors successfully help with issues like latching or breastfeeding, treating an underdeveloped digestive system, misaligned spine acid reflux, and ear infections and pain.
During chiropractic sessions for children, the pediatric chiropractor near me makes gentle adjustments, occasionally appearing like a massage and sometimes a hand touch. The pressure used by the practitioner is soft and entirely safe.
The Seven Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Infants
- Misaligned Vertebrae Alignment: babies can develop misaligned vertebrae during birth which is a complicated process. Some infants are born with slight misalignments, and chiropractic care is helpful for a quick fix resulting in proper growth. Many infants receive adjustments immediately after birth or a few weeks later. The adjustments are gentle and often as minor as a finger touch because the chiropractor knows where to adjust.
- Post-Birth Recovery: the birthing process is complex for the mother and the baby resulting in 70 lbs of pressure on the child’s head and neck. The forces can injure the nerves and joints of the child’s body, and some children may need chiropractic care for healing and speedy recovery after birth. In such cases, the chiropractor in 85331 suggests simple adjustments in the vertebrae to relieve problems in newborns like gastroesophageal reflux and other problems after birth.
- Colic Symptoms Eased: chiropractic care efficiently treats symptoms of colic and gastroesophageal reflux in babies. Infants may develop these symptoms for many reasons, but the primary one is an immature or underactive gastrointestinal system. Although standard and nothing to worry about, it causes the baby discomfort leading to fussiness and crying. This issue also arises from a misaligned spine resulting in problems with intestinal function. While pediatricians will suggest the issue will disappear with time, chiropractic care can reduce symptoms in 90 percent of babies. In addition, by making proper adjustments, chiropractors can relieve the pressure to allow the baby to function correctly.
- Treating and Preventing Ear Infections: Ear infections in children are familiar from fluid buildup in the eustachian tubes. The failure of the tube to drain the liquid results in excessive pressure in the ear causing infection and pain. Chiropractic care helps with this problem because the condition results from an injury of the nerves during birth or allergies later. The chiropractor in Cave Creek relieves ear pain and infections by helping drain the eustachian tubes by dilating the muscles around them to alleviate pressure and unblock them.
- Immune System Boost: Bodies of children and adults are similar to machines; if one part malfunctions, it also affects the other parts. Therefore a problem with the nerves causes other body parts to malfunction. Studies reveal that the body can fight pathogens efficiently if the spinal cord and nervous system function correctly. Chiropractic care improves body function in children and adults, boosting the immune system.
- Injury Prevention: While you might find it exhilarating to watch a child crawl and walk with support or walk themselves as they grow up. However, children can get injured during the process as they try to get up and fall. An excellent technique to prevent injuries in children is regular chiropractic care. External injuries are easy to see and treat, but internal injuries to the nerve or spine are challenging for pediatricians but not a chiropractor. Chiropractors receive training to identify minute changes in the nerves and spine using their hands, which can result in early treatment and prevention. Therefore if you notice your child walking or moving differently, a session with the chiropractor proves beneficial.
- Help in Proper Physical Development: babies have softer bones with plenty of growing up to accomplish. As a result, their spine doubles in length during the first year, along with other body parts. The changes and other milestones happen quickly by allowing the baby to support its head and leading to a curvature forming in the lower back when the child learns to sit without support. Unfortunately, problems can arise if the spine is misaligned to decrease the chance of physical development. In such cases, chiropractors can gently manipulate the spine into position to help in proper growth.
Chiropractic care is not just beneficial for adults but is also helpful for children during their developmental years. For example, numerous studies suggest and support the effectiveness of chiropractic care for children to reduce fussiness and various other problems.
If your child is experiencing the problems described in this article, you must consider visiting Tatum Wellness and Chiropractic with your baby seeking chiropractic care to relieve the issues and many other problems. In addition, you will notice your child benefits from chiropractic care to develop into a healthy child without needing medicines.